Heyyyyy guys- guess what!? Today is my 30th birthday! I am super excited for this birthday since the last few I haven’t really done much and this year I have big plans. It all kicks off after work today with a blowout a Drybar, followed by a fancy dinner at Volver with the hubs, best friends arriving in town tonight, and then a pedal pub bar crawl with good friends tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed the hurricane rain holds off in Philly!
Anyways…. last year I made this somewhat ambitious list about all I wanted to try to accomplish in the next year- some goals I met, and some I failed but it was a busy year! Let me know if you’ve had any of these goals on your bucket list and how it worked out!
- Complete a half ironman- Fail! I was basically sidelined from running for about 7 months so it was impossible to train for a half distance this summer- keeping it on the MUST DO list for next year!
- Visit New England area- I’m thinking another road trip would be good- Went to Vermont in May and in September for Blog Brulee! Heading back to Vermont next week and also hitting up Maine and Boston!
- Ski without falling- well I didn’t go skiing at all this past winter so I guess this is a fail
- Go to Vegas- did not happen this year but is on my radar for next year along with San Diego and Charleston!
- Complete a destination race-Vermont half marathon relay in May with the Cabot Fit Team!
- Travel out of the country- ITALY! DONE AND DONE! Here are 3 of my 4 Recaps: Positano, Rome, Florence… Venice recap to come soon!
- Try stand up paddle boarding- tried it for the first time in Italy
- Climb the wall – Completed for the first time and May and a few other times this summer
- Start my own nutrition business (part time, obvi)-officially launched services on websites but haven’t spent time advertising and etc. I have worked with a few awesome brands in the last year though!
- Make homemade sushi- Done in September as a date night at home with the hubs
- Become a certified personal trainer- no…I looked in it and some other certifications but a few life situations are stopping me from dedicating time to this… but I did sign up for another certification! More about this soon!
- Complete a marathon- done in November! Was hoping for redemption and a well-trained race this year but tendonitis just won’t quit 🙁
- Grow basil- attempted twice and failed #blackthumb
- Cook lobster- completed last week!
- Go to a professional soccer game- we got tickets for the Philadelphia union from Pat’s company but of course we will be out of town… so no this didn’t happen
- Visit a new baseball stadium- I went to a minor league game in Reading 4th of July weekend, not sure if this counts, haha
- Brew my own kombucha- one of my friends just started doing this and has been successful so I really should just give it a try but haven’t been able to put aside the time (or space) yet
- Finally make a wedding album– I’m the worst bride ever- still hasn’t happened… hopefully done by our 5 year anniversary!?
- Visit at least 10 new breweries- Heavy Seas, Duclaw, Sterling Pig, Southerleighs, Goose Island, Revolution Brewing, Tennessee Brew Works, Jackalope Brewing Co. Hop Farm, Roundabout- Just made it!
- Go to the beach more- went a couple times over the summer- not enough though
- Go to an away Penn State game- went to Pittsburgh for PSU vs Pitt but ended up not scalping last minute tickets
- Make pasta from scratch- I wrote this as a goal since we took a pasta making class a couple years ago… we took a bread making class this past spring so I’ll chalk making either up to a success
- Go whitewater rafting- fail, probably not going to happen this year but maybe next year
- Volunteer- as much as it is still a goal for me to help other people this past year has been about focusing on and helping my family though a tough year
- Take a spontaneous last minute trip- our beach trip at the end of July was pretty spontaneous… and we booked our Italy trip a month before we left which is pretty last minute for a European trip
- Try out group running- I’ve been doing lots of group fitness classes thanks to my ClassPass membership!
- Buy a nice camera– Pat gifted me a camera for my 29th birthday last year before he even read my original post!
- Race a 10k-I’ve actually never done a 10k with previously swimming and biking– Well I did 3 Olympic Tris this summer that included a 10k but did not race one by itself
- Improve mediation- still so much to improve, I like using the head Space app… also working more on being mindful in general
- Live every minute to the fullest! This year has been a lot of saying yes and going places and doing things nonstop… I felt like I needed to keep myself distracted after everything that happened with my dad last year. I’m expecting my 30th year to be another whirlwind year of opportunities, growth, and living life big.
Have you ever made a bucket list for life or anything? It was fun to do and reminds me of the good times I’ve had in the past year and what I would like to do in the next year. I’ve heard life starts in your 30’s so I’m ready to get rolling!
Have a great weekend 🙂