This was the last post on my website so I decided for it to be the first to carry over to my blog. I made this a couple weeks ago and it turned out really well especially considering that it was the first time I made my own curry! Feel free to add more veggies or spice it up however you like! Mine was very mildly spiced and the sweet potato added perfect sweetness as a complement. Go crazy if you like really spicy stuff and add as much curry as you want! Ingredients:
2 TBSP curry powder
1-2 TBSP coconut oil
1 yellow onion
2-4 cloves of garlic
1-2 TBSP ginger root or paste
2 chicken breasts
1 sweet potato
½ -1 cup chicken stock or water
2/3-1 can coconut milk (15 oz)
1-2 TBSP cinnamon or additional curry
1. Chop onions, garlic, sweet potato, and chicken.
2. Heat coconut oil with curry powder in skillet. Mix well.
3. Add onions garlic, and ginger. Saute for a few minutes and then add sweet potatoes.
4. Add chicken when onions start to become translucent. Add chicken stock or water to coat chicken and veggies evenly.
5. Add coconut milk, all ingredients should be covered so use the whole can if you need to.
6. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes and the chicken are fully cooked. I cooked mine on very low heat until the coconut milk was really absorbed into the veggies and meat (I don’t like my curry super liquidy).
7. Serve over brown rice.
** If you are heating up as leftovers, you might want to add a little sprinkle of the curry and splash of coconut milk to give it more flavor.
Hope this warms you up as the weather starts to turn cold! Have you ever made curry before?? What did you make?? Would you make it again??