Instead of WIAW let’s call this Happy Hump Day recipe…. You need something easy to get you through the week! Simplicity is the main focus here… a five year old could make these… except for the frying part. Anyways it’s a good lazy day recipe. This is one of those meals that you make because you need to go to the grocery and haven’t had time yet this week. I try to always keep some canned salmon or tuna on hand for quick meals. Tuna could easily be substituted for the salmon. You could also sub breadcrumbs or panko for cornmeal. Serve on top of a salad or with cooked veggies. I had mine with a veggie medley and make a lemon garlic chickpea puree sauce. Easy and balanced meal! These could also be baked but that would not be quickest… although I’ll have to experiment with that in the future!
1 15 oz can of wild Alaskan salmon
1 cup cornmeal
Olive oil for pan frying
1. Heat olive oil on stovetop
2. Combine ingredients evenly in bowl
3. Form equal sized patties (about 2 inches in diameter)
4. Drop patties into pan with hot oil making sure it isn’t too crowded
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a slight brown char forms on patties
6. Add more oil for more crispness
7. Serve immediately or store in fridge for later
What are your go to recipes when you are low on fresh groceries?? Favorite 15 minute meals???