It’s Recipe Redux time! Here is the prompt for March:
7-Ingredient (Or Less) Recipes
It’s Income Tax Season, so our brains could use some easy arithmetic; as in seven-ingredient-or-less recipes. Show us the healthy, no-brainer dish you fix for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Think beyond smoothies or drinks, please. (And for those of you living in countries where it’s not Tax Season – we’re pretty sure you and your readers would still love doing the math for seven-ingredient-recipes!)
Easy weekend night dinners are something we all struggle with…. As a society we are constantly on the go, it’s nice to have some quick and easy go to recipes for dinners during the week when we are pressed for time- this is one of those kinds of recipes. The actual preparing time of this recipe is less than 10 minutes; cooking time is longer because, well… you don’t want to eat raw chicken! Marinate your chicken the night before or in the morning before work. To make this a more complete Greek themed meal I served with a simple spinach salad topped with olives and canned artichokes. I also had precooked a whole bunch of lentil in chicken stock for meals through the week so I added those on my plate too. A fresh lemon squeeze over the lentils and salad, and then cutting the chicken into bites and creating a bite with every ingredient was the perfect way to eat this…. but feel free to serve with your favorite starch and veggies. Simple and delicious.
¼ cup lemon juice
1 TBSP oregano
¼ cup olive oil
4 chicken breast
¼ cup feta
¼ cup hummus ( I used garlic)
2 roma tomatoes
- Make sure chicken thighs or breast are cut into equal portions. Marinate chicken 1 hour up to overnight in lemon juice, oregano, and olive oil mixture.
- Spread hummus on chicken *Make sure you don’t dip a spoon that touched raw chicken back into hummus container
- Top with tomatoes and feta
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked to temperature.
- Serve with lentils, greens, olives, and artichokes to complete the Greek meal.
What is one of your favorite weeknight recipes? Be sure to check out other 7 ingredient recipes below!