Healthy sweet treat for your valentine! Skip the baked goods and go gluten free and dairy free to please all diet types! Super easy recipe, just remember to make it in advance so it will be ready after dinner J Ladies if you’re making this for you man, don’t tell him its super healthy, he may not even notice the difference, it’s that delicious! Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day friends!! <3 <3 <3
Strawberry banana ice cream
Ingredients: 1 chopped frozen banana, 1-2 cups frozen strawberries, coconut milk as needed.
1) Most importantly chop the fruit the day before and put in freezer, the banana creates the base of the ice cream.
2) Add frozen fruit to blender (might also work in food processor but I didn’t personally try that).
3) Blend, adding coconut milk as needed. I think I added less than ½ cup total. Don’t add too much or it will turn into a smoothie. Add a TBSP or two at a time.
4) Scrape out of blender and refreeze. Could eat later that day or later that week!
Chocolate Ice Cream
Ingredients: 1 chopped frozen banana, 1-2 TBSP cocoa (I used Hershey’s dark chocolate- 60% cacao), 1-3 tsp honey or agave (optional), coconut milk
1) Blend ingredients, adding cocoa and honey to taste. You could also use Stevia but I’ve never done it.
2) Add coconut milk gradually 1-2 TBSP at a time, again you don’t want to add too much because it will turn into a smoothie instead of ice cream.
3) When everything is blended, put back in freezer and refreeze.
Such simple wholesome deliciousness! is a very easy health dessert to share without adding a ton of calories or sugar. Adding nuts, nut butters, greek yogurt, and other fruits would be great additions, just use the frozen banana base. Let me know what amazing flavor creations you come up with!