My typical breakfast is overnight oats about 3 days a week, eggs 3 days a week, and then probably cereal the other day. Sometimes it gets boring… I love my oatmeal and it keeps me full but oats become blah after having them so much. I previously made oat based protein bars (<—love that recipe) and this recipe is similar but we are switching it up with some quinoa. Quinoa is very nutritious providing high quality protein and a variety of antioxidants. Using maple syrup and applesauce as natural sweeteners, you can use dried fruit or chocolate chips for some extra deliciousness. I usually make a batch of these and store in the freezer…. Allow for some defrost and then devour… or store in the fridge up to 1 week.
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup nut butter
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup applesauce
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup fruit or chocolate chips
1. Measure and combine dry ingredients first and then add in wet ingredients
2. Mix thoroughly and spread into (greased) 13×9 pan
3. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
4. Allow to cool before cutting into bars
5. Freeze for extended use, or keep in fridge to eat that week
What is your usual breakfast!? Ever had quinoa for breakfast!?