By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Have you ever tried WILD blueberries? Yes there is a difference between wild blueberries and regular ones- several big and important differences!
- More Intense Blueberry Flavor:Wild blueberries have a more intense flavor than regular blueberries. Wild Blueberry plants grow wild and are genetically diverse with thousands of interlocking plants spreading naturally across fields called barrens. It’s this diversity that gives Wild Blueberries their complex and delicious flavor — an extraordinary mix of tart and sweet.
- Leader in Antioxidants:Wild Blueberries have twice the antioxidant capacity of larger cultivated blueberries.
- Frozen at Harvest: These potent little berries are individually quick frozen at harvest locking in their nutrition and taste.
- Unique Heritage:Wild Blueberries are called “Wild” because they are not planted and occur naturally in barrens and fields in Maine and Eastern Canada
- Where to Buy:You can find Wild Blueberries in the frozen fruit section of your local grocery store; just make sure the package says “Wild.”
Luckily since I’m a Registered Dietitian I knew all these wonderful facts and when I was visiting Maine last fall I was able to try fresh and local Wild Blueberries and they were delicious… plus it was great knowing I was getting although extra antioxidants. Have you ever tried Wild Blueberries!? You definitely should!