Spaghetti Squash is one of my newest loves in the vegetable department…. It’s a type of squash so that makes it yummy and it’s really unique and interesting. Also like most squash it’s pretty simple to prepare… I had it with my homemade turkey meatballs and homemade white sauce one week, froze it and had it with homemade red sauce the next week! While this is simple to prepare it does take a little bit of work with the cutting and removal of seeds and etc.
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Cut squash in half and remove seeds
3) Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
4) Put in baking pan with the open sides face up
5) Bake for 50 minutes or until squash is tender enough to poke fork holes through easily
6) Being very careful as the squash has just come out of the oven, use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti shaped squash, you can go all the way down to the skin to really get all your squash
Freezing was a success, just reheated in microwave… it got a little watery but I just drained it before add the meatballs and sauce. Seriously yummy both way! I promise to feature an upcoming post on my easy crockpot sauce recipe. Have you had spaghetti squash before?? How did you make it?? What did you think of it the first time you ever made it??