I haven’t jumped on the Thinking Out Loud train in awhile so I figured I might as well give it a go… I’m mostly talking about the end of summer and what I’m looking forward to this fall!
- I can’t believe summer is over and I’m glad at the same time. I’m over this heat and humidity, fall temps please! It was definitely a busy summer- I think we had maybe two weekends at home the whole summer- and Fall doesn’t show any signs of slowing down but should be equally filled with fun times and as always lots of travel! My summer highlight was definitely my Italy trip- two of four recaps done- Rome and Positano, more to come soon.
- Speaking of fall and temps- I am so ready for my favorite running weather especially since my foot has been feeling so much better. I ran my triathlons (slowly) but without any foot issues (knock on wood) so hopefully that means with my continued physical therapy I will be able to race this fall. I’ll hold off on sharing my tentative plans for now since I don’t want to get too ahead of myself.
- Fall also means FOOTBALL! I am the commissioner of an all-girls fantasy football league and we will be drafting this weekend. And of course I’ll be cheering for my Steelers in addition to my fantasy players!
- I turn 30 in one month + one week, woooo!! Some friends are coming to town to celebrate and local friends will also be partaking on a brewcycle tour. It’s basically a big bike that you pedal from bar to bar. I can’t wait! Also the hubs and I will depart a few days later for a brief New England road trip- ending at Boston for FNCE! Let me know if you have any recs or if you’ll be at FNCE for my RD friends!
- One last fall thought… no you won’t be seeing any pumpkin recipes from me (or see me drinking any pumpkin beer) until the temps feel like fall. Summer produce is so delicious and plentiful I hate to see it go so I try to savor it as long as possible. Personal favorite- cotton candy grapes. Have you had them? They are only in season for about two weeks and sell out super fast at grocery stores.
What are you looking forward to this fall? There were alot of exclamation points in this post so as you can tell I’m looking forward to many things- fall is my favorite season 🙂