Okay I know I have been slacking on posting recipes but I have a ton lined up- caprese turkey burgers, Mexican pizza, ginger green smoothie, and more! Check back on Saturday for this month’s Recipe Redux Link Up!
Anyways today I am linking up with Amanda to Think Out Loud...
1. My husband and I booked our 30th bday celebration trip to Italy! We originally planned to go in the fall for my birthday but fall traveling schedule is already a little full so after finding some great flights deals we decided to go a month from now! I’ve never been to Italy… we are planning on going for 2 weeks (Rome, Venice, Florence, Amalfi Coast)and doing the touristy big city stuff but let me know if you have any less common must dos or best restaurant recs! Lots of exclamation points–> in case you couldn’t tell I’m really excited.
2. This is kind of stemming from my first point but if anyone is interested in guest posting- blogger or non-blogger shoot me an email at dietitianjessnutrition at gmail dot com. Recipes or healthy living topics are all welcomed 🙂
3. Unfortunately I’m battling a cold right now… nothing too horrible but I rarely get sick so it feels kind of miserable… I’m hitting up my favorite non medicine hacks- Throat Coat tea, zinc, eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, kefir, and my personal fav- raw garlic on a spoon of nut butter. It sounds gross/weird (the nut butter is just to hide the garlic flavor) but garlic is extremely therapeutic!
4. Does anyone else love the Bitmoki app?? My little sister introduced me to it and my whole family sends them regularly in our group text. I also introduced it to my friend Maria and we now communicate via phone almost exclusively through Bitmojis (kidding- kind of). You make a cartoon character of yourself and there are different phrases and memes that go along with it ranging from angry, lovey, mean, funny, etc. Receiving or sending a bitmoji almost always makes me laugh.
5. Have you tried Perfect Bars!? Omg are these delicious! I had the peanut butter while grocery shopping this week and it kinda made me want to eat one everyday… I think it was $2.00 which isn’t cheap for a bar so it will be more of a treat than a regular thing… ingredients are super solid though. I try to ear most snack/energy bars sparingly and opt for whole foods choices but you can’t go wrong with a Kind Bar or one of these Perfect Bars- need to try more flavors. Do you have a favorite bar or go to when you are out and starving!?
6. Lastly the tendonitis beast in my left foot is still raging… I got in a couple runs after the Cabot Fit Team race but then the pain reemerged unfortunately. Most of the people I’ve talked to tell me it probably needs to rest for a very long time- I have a PT consult out to a friend of a friend that works with runners/triathletes so I’m going to see what he says… I really should be icing every night but I honestly never remember especially since it really only hurts when I run 🙁 I have a lot of races- mostly tri’s on my schedule this summer but I’m afraid to sign up for them after a DNS half marathon in early April. And I really really miss running… I’m still working out about 5x/week but running is my favorite. I could do Aquavelo races which are tri’s minus the run… or I could wait and see. I will be in Italy for the Philly Tri Rock Race so I might just post pone any racing until I get back and my foot can go a couple months without pain. Have you ever had tendonitis or another plaguing injury!? Advice? Thoughts??
Whats going on with you this week?? Any thoughts or random things to share!?