Disclosure: I received free samples from Bumble Bee® Seafoods that are mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Veggie Tuna Cakes are like crab cakes but packed with tuna and fresh veggies. As a huge fan and advocate of eating fish I’m happy to share a recipe with nutrient dense Bumblebee Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water.
What makes these tuna cakes so wonderful!? Not only are they veggie packed but they are also high in protein, selenium, and niacin thanks to the tuna! Tuna is one of my go tos for quick, nutritious, and delicious weeknight dinners. Both affordable and convenient, tuna also makes for the perfect portable lunch protein.
1 red pepper
1 small yellow onion
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 TBSP hot sauce
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 TBSP Old Bay
1 1 TBSP garlic powder
2 cups panko
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grate, spiralize, or pulse veggies in food processer to mince into small pieces
3. Using a clean towels or paper towels squeeze as much water as possible out of the veggies
4. Add spices, eggs, and panko to veggie mix
5. Open tuna cans and add to above mixture
6. Combine thoroughly and form into large balls but make them as compact as possible (if there is water remaining, squeeze out as you are forming these balls)
7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, you want them to be lightly browned
8. Serve warm or cold
These cakes are a great option for Sunday night meal prepping and an excellent way for your family to enjoy fish together. Veggie Tuna Cakes also freeze well- this batch makes about 2 dozen- you cut easily cut everything in half to make 1 dozen, but who doesn’t love having lots of leftovers!?
What’s your favorite way to enjoy tuna!? Check out some other awesome ideas below!
As the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians, The Recipe ReDux aims to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover. Thank you for visiting. We hope you enjoy!
(Please note that this is a closed link-up for Recipe ReDux posts only. Any links added to this collection for non-ReDux posts will be deleted.)