I’m so honored to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Deborah at http://confessionsofamotherrunner.com/
I have heard about the award previously through the blogging world but am I surprised and thrilled to be nominated! It’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and share interests. It’s designed mostly for newer bloggers like me, so I’m very excited to be a part of it and explore some new blogs as well as share mine to new readers J
Here are the rules if you are nominated:
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
You must go to your nominee’s blogs and notify them.
Here are the questions that Deborah asked me: (with my answers)
1. What do you like about blogging?
I like being able to share my recipes and workouts…. It started as mostly for friends whenever I would make something healthy they liked and would want the recipe or what I do as an arm workout, I kinda decided a blog would be an awesome way to do it.
2. What are you surprised about?
Such a huge network! I didn’t realize how many bloggers out there share as many interests as me!
3. What is one really interesting thing about you?
I’m a Registered Dietitian and I don’t believe in dieting. There is no one diet fits all, everything should be customized to accommodate different lifestyles.
4. What is your favorite type of exercise?
Running… I don’t like to call myself a runner but I guess as the end of the day I am, it just relaxes me
5. Does your family embrace your fit lifestyle?
I’m one of 3 girls and we always played sports and my dad coached but I would say diet was definitely lacking in my household with lots of processed foods. My family still thinks I’m kinda nuts everytime I tell them about a new race I want to do but they are always very impressed, supportive, and excited for me.
6. What’s your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is actually about to happen in a little over a month… I will be traveling to Greece for my honeymoon in June. My new husband and I will travel to 3 islands and words can’t describe how ecstatic I am to take this trip!!!
7. What race is on your bucket list?
I really want to do a marathon but the time commitment of training dedication has always discouraged me… I’m hoping to finally sign up for one in the next year.
8. What’s your favorite “cheat” meal
Ahh tough question! Um… hot fudge brownie sundae with peanut butter sauce
9. Do you belong to a run or fitness club?
I actually don’t… I really enjoy working out but generally prefer to do it alone just because my free time has been limited recently and planning around someone else is always a challenge. I’d like to get involved in the Philly Triathlete or running club though.
10. How will your life be different in 5 years?
Hopefully in 5 years I will be certified as a personal trainer and hopefully running my own business where I can coordinate exercise and healthy eating for clients/patients.
Here are the bloggers I’m nominating:
1. Polly at http://tastyfoodproject.com/
2. Jenn at http://www.markmymiles.com/
3. Karen at http://runnergirleats.com/
4. Camille at http://challengemantra.com/
5. Jess at http://dearhealthyness.com/
6. Matt at http://www.runnersavvy.com/
7. Suzanne at http://helloveggy.com/
8. Paige at http://fitnotfad.blogspot.com/
9. Cait at http://www.pieceofcait.com/
10. Emily at http://www.lovalatte.com/
Here are my questions for my nominated bloggers:
1. What first got you interested in blogging?
2. If you had to blog about something unrelated to health, food, or fitness what would it be!?
3. What is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
4. Who is your favorite sports team? (college or pro)
5. What is the biggest life goal next on your list to accomplish?
6. What is something really interesting about you?
7. If you were on death row, what would be your last meal??
8. What was the first blog to inspire you??
9. What healthy meal do you make or suggest most often to others?
10. What is your number one fitness tip??
Thanks again for Deborah at Confessions of a Mother Runner for the nomination and I hope all my nominees enjoy participating as much as I did!