This month’s Recipe Redux Theme is: Small Plates For Sunny Days
Small bites are perfect for trying many different tastes. Take tapas style eating outside for al fresco dining or a simple picnic. Or maybe you’re serving small bites at a bridal or baby shower or a graduation party. Show us your healthy take on small plates and finger foods. Thanks to Robin @RobinsBite for this month’s theme suggestion.
Tapas are my favorite way to eat, especially when eating out! Who doesn’t love being able to try 4-5 small plates vs one large entrée?? This is a very simple recipe, great for reheating, and sure to satisfy a crowd. The bacon gives some lean protein power, the cheese adds flavor, the apple providing freshness, and the onion providing crispness to each bite. Slice into small squares for serving to a group. It’s a little fancier and healthier than a traditional pizza and was inspired by my recent trip to Vermont. We had wonderful flatbread pizzas I wanted to try to recreate a couple with interesting flavors- this is the first one, but stay turned for a Mexican salsa pizza coming your way soon.
1 pre-made pizza crust
6 oz turkey bacon (1/2 package)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabot)
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust instructions- most will require heating the crust for 10-15 minutes but temperatures may vary
- Cook turkey bacon- following directions on bacon package
- Chop apples and onion, shred cheddar cheese
- Brush crust with olive oil
- After cooling, chop turkey bacon
- Top pizza with cheese, then apples, then onion, and finally the turkey bacon
- Reheat pizza according to package directions (about 10-15 minutes)
- Serve warm
What’s your favorite kind of pizza?? Usually I’m a pepperoni kind of girl but it’s fun to mix it up with something creative and different. What’s the most interesting pizza toppings you’ve ever had??
Enjoy some other tapas recipes from my Redux friends: