It’s time for a summer salad. One of my goals this summer is to eat a different salad every week. So far that has not happened every week… but I’ll be scoping out some of my fellow bloggers recipes today for some ideas for awesome salads! Summertime is great for salad because of all the produce that is in season during this time, but last year I got stuck in a rut of eating the same salad all the time and not being creative enough. Here is my first of hopefully many summer salad recipes. Since I just got back from Greece two weeks ago and had a delicious eggplant salad while I was there and this is my take on it!
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP white vinegar
1 TSBP garlic powder
¼ cup parsley
2 TBSP Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/3 cup Feta cheese (optional)
1. Roast eggplant on grill or in oven, allow to cool
2. While eggplant is cooking and cooling, dice onion and tomato
3. Measure herbs and liquids, combine with onion and tomato
4. Dice eggplant when cooled and combine with herb and vegetable mixture
5. Allow to sit in fridge 2 hours (preferably longer) to marinate
6. Serve cold
Are you a salad person?? Do you have a favorite?? More of a fan of a traditional salad with a base of greens or something like this??