Hi! Welcome to the new blog design/site… there are still posts being added and tweaks being worked out so bear with me for another week until everything is completed and while I try to learn this new format. I’m probably the most technologically challenged person I know so I maybe a little slow to have everything just the way I want it.
Anyways since I’m sort of in this transition period I thought it would be the perfect time to share a recipe I made in July. No joke… been sitting on this since the summer people… it’s now March. But with the shredded Brussels sprouts it makes for a perfect St. Patrick’s Day meal. Plus the recipe kind of got lost in the shuffle and rediscovered during this blog update. Since being reminded of it this week I will probably be making it sometime this month because it was so delicious. The hubs even loved it and he claims to hate beets and Brussels sprouts. Reduced balsamic vinegar really make everything taste amazing though. Tip: if you live near Trader Joes you can use the balsamic glaze instead of the reducing the vinegar. This recipe comes together super quickly either way, enjoy!
2 naan breads
3 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
2 TBSP olive oil
Salt and pepper
4-5 roasted beets
2-4 oz goat cheese
¼ cup pesto
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP honey
1. Make sure Brussels sprouts are appropriately shredded and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until they start to crisp
2. Once they are in the oven, start to reduce the balsamic vinegar and honey over very low heat, READ: nowhere close to boiling….simmer!
3. Slice beets and portion out goat cheese and pesto if using
4. Once the glaze and Brussels sprouts are ready, its’ time to assemble: Naan, pesto, goat cheese, beets, and then Brussels
5. Bake in oven at 400 for 2-3 minutes, you want the naan crust to crisp a bit
6. Top with balsamic drizzle and serve warm
Do you like Brussels sprouts? What about beets?