Hosting Easter this Sunday? Or need to bring a dish to your family or friends? Introducing the perfect last minute Easter appetizer! And if you are hosting and make it Sunday, it will leave your house smelling fantastic for when guests arrive… who doesn’t like to impress their guests with delicious smells?? Haha. Plus it is great with veggies, bread, crackers- everything is the perfect vehicle for hummus! I’m going to my in-laws to celebrate on Saturday…. And on Sunday the Pens are in town so I’m going to the hockey game (after church of course)…. I am planning on bringing dessert to the in-laws and I’m testing out a recipe so if it’s a success I will share soon. If you’re not celebrating this weekend, make this hummus and watch the Final Four- 3 #1 seeds and Michigan State- those games are going to be awesome! Look for a fun Final Four workout coming your way tomorrow!
1 head garlic (at least 4 cloves)
1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
¼ cup olive oil
½ TBSP dried basil
½ TBSP dried rosemary
¼ cup feta
¼ tsp salt
1/8 cup warm water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Roast the garlic: using at least four cloves of the head of garlic, coat in olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil, place in oven for 30 minutes
3. Remove the skin from the garlic and add to food processor with remaining ingredients except water
4. Add water gradually until desired consistency
5. Chill in fridge and add some dried herbs to the top for fancier serving
Any fun dishes planned for Easter this weekend?? Any favorites or new recipes!?