Trying something new this week… I have a lot on my mind and creating new recipes and workouts aka blog content hasn’t been one of them so I figured I would change it up with a different kind of post with some life updates and thoughts….
Check out the premise of Thinking Out Loud Thursday here:
- I am torn between loving the fall weather and missing summer. I love the fall but I hate when it goes from 80 to 50 in a week… can’t we enjoy some 60-70 degree days first please?!
- Next week is my birthday- I’ll be 29-yikes! I have a fun post planned (sorry no fun dessert recipe- but here’s last years- ) … I must say fall birthdays are the best- perfect weather and so many fun things going on… bring on the beer festivals, boots, and pumpkin everything.
- So much traveling this summer and I’m looking forward to it slowing down a little this fall…. Here was my September calendar.
Sept 5th weekend- Baltimore (visiting hubs family)
Sept 12th weekend- Triathlon (recap here)
Sept 19th weekend- Penn State (game day and visiting the baby sis)
Sept 26th weekend- Pittsburgh (wedding)
Oct 3rd weekend- Nashville (for FNCE)
Soooo looking forward to my trip this weekend but definitely equally psyched for the following weekend at home!
4. I’m pretty nervous about my upcoming super long runs for marathon training– any words of advice for a rookie!? My super shortened 12 week training schedule certainly doesn’t help put my mind at east when everyone keeps telling me I should do 16-18 weeks for my first marathon.
5. When I was in Pittsburgh this past weekend my mom gave me early birthday gifts since I probably won’t see her for another month… seeing just her named signed to the card instead of her and dad’s was heart wrenching…. And also this weekend I had to step out of a wedding reception during the father daughter dance for fear of an emotional breakdown. Someone please tell me this will get easier soon…
Any random thoughts for the week? What’s the best time of year?! Best time for a birthday!? Thank you to Running for Spoons for hosting and be sure to check out some other bloggers Thursday musings!
Linking up with Amanda…